Where To Start?

At the beginning. Of course!

I have read Hebrews. I have studied many parts of it.
Whenever the church adult class would study the book, I would do part of it, then would need to abandon it to focus my efforts in teaching younger students. So I technically have never made in in-depth study of the book in its entirety.

So this is very exciting!

This book is so extraordinarily powerful in that it speaks to the historical lineage of the christ.....directly to his people. It is their history that Jehovah set out to document His love manifested through the ultimate self-sacrifice. The book also covers how this should affect our Christian walk.

I suggest you just read through it, without any distractions or intent to make notes. It takes about an hour +-. If you're like me, you will find the book has the very distinct cadence of a gospel preacher sending out an awe inspired sermon. Every sentence and paragraph is filled with power. With that, returning to the sermon to draw out all of its meaning(s) will make for a transcending journey. This is the word of God.

In the coming weeks, I will post my lesson sheets, filled in with my thoughts. The posts will also list some important data as I see it. So if you want to know how I plan to direct the class, you can pull up the blog and check it out.

If you disagree with anything, that's great! Let's go over it in class discussion.

See you there!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hebrews Chapter Ten Verses 19-25

Hebrews Chapter Six Verses 13-20

Hebrews Chapter Twelve Verses 25-29